Complete guide to building an app with .Net Core and React
The complete guide to building an app from start to finish using ASP.NET Core, React (with Typescript) and Mobx
Have you learnt the basics of ASP.NET Core and React? Not sure where to go next? This course should be able to help with that. In this course we learn how to build a multi-project ASP.NET Core solutionthat is built using Clean Architecture and the CQRS and Mediator pattern that makes our code easy to understand, reason about and extend.
Both ASP.NET Core and React are hot topics and this course will enhance your knowledge of both, simply by building an application from start to finish. In each module we learn something new, whilst incrementally adding features to the application. Building an application is significantly more rewarding than building yet another Todo List from the documentation!
Every line of code is demonstrated and explained and by the end of this course you will have the skills and knowledge to build your own application using the techniques taught in this course.
Here are some of the things you will learn about in this course:
- Setting up the developer environment
- Creating a multi-project solution using the the ASP.NET Core WebAPI and the React app using the DotNet CLI and the create-react-app utility.
- Clean Architecture and the CQRS + Mediator pattern
- Setting up and configuring ASP.NET Core identity for authentication
- Using React with Typescript
- Adding a Client side login and register function to our React application
- Using React Router
- Using AutoMapper in ASP.NET Core
- Building a great looking UI using Semantic UI
- Adding Photo Upload widget and creating user profile pages
- Using React Final Form to create re-usable form inputs with validation
- Paging, Sorting and Filtering
- Using SignalR to enable real time web communication to a chat feature in our app
- Publishing the application to both IIS and Linux
- Getting an ‘A’ rating for security from a well known security scanning site.
- Many more things as well
Tools you need for this course
In this course all the lessons are demonstrated using Visual Studio Code, a free (and fantastic) cross platform code editor. You can of course use any code editor you like and any Operating system you like… as long as it’s Windows, Linux or Mac
Is this course for you?
This course is very practical, about 90%+ of the lessons will involve you coding along with me on this project. If you are the type of person who gets the most out of learning by doing, then this course is definitely for you.
On this course we will build an example social network application that allows users to sign up to events (similar to MeetUp or Facebook), completely from scratch. All we start with is an empty terminal window or command prompt.
All you will need to get started is a computer with your favourite operating system, and a passion for learning how to build an application using ASP.NET Core and React